Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 10th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Reports to: President
- Lead integrated manufacturing and supply chain operations, including brewing, packaging, procurement, planning, forecasting, and freightEnsure strong communication between operations and other departments across the company
- Manage 3rdparty consultants for new initiatives as required
- Guide activities between all existing and planned locations
- Attend leadership and board meetings as required
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for all employees and visitors
- Drive compliance with all standards and certifications
- Lead strategies for recruiting, retaining and developing talent
- Develop and achieve monthly, annual and strategic plans
- Develop and formulate long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives
- Create and implement processes that minimize production costs and wastes while maximizing production output
- Meet the company’s policies and quality standards
- Develop and implement financial and non-financial objectives for manufacturing activities
- Ensure completion of schedule and within budgetary guidelines
- Oversee capital expenditure projects and third-party audits
- Comply with all safety, GMPs, regulatory and the company’s policies
- Create and manage weekly work and task schedules
- Develop, deliver and exceed performance metrics
The Basics for the Position:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to juggle multiple strategic projects
- Ability to motivate and inspire all levels of staff
- Results-driven individual with hands-on mentality and willingness to engage with all facets of the production process
Candidate Should Have:
- 10+ years’ senior leadership experience in a food or beverage manufacturing facility
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Proven expertise in organizational development and operations management, strategic and business planning methods, project planning and coordinating
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
PROUD TO BE B CORP
Brew Dr. Kombucha is proud to be the first national kombucha company to become a Certified B Corporation. As a B Corp, we are verified to meet the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility, accountability, and transparency. We’re using business as a force for good to help preserve the world we love through implementing a closed-loop brewing practice, sourcing 100% renewable energy, and donating to ecologically-minded non-profits.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.