Purpose: Sell BDK & Townshend’s Tea products by maintaining and expanding customer base; working with distributors; supporting events, demos and marketing efforts.
Reports to: Director of DSD Sales – West Coast
- Responsible for growing total territory points of distribution.
- Achieve the company’s growth targets and required account visits.
- Directly manage all aspects of assigned sales territory to include selling, customer service, sales promotions, post sale evaluation/follow up and education.
- Responsible for educating distributors and sales staff.
- Maintains BDK sales staff by recruiting, selecting and training employees.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Successfully launch all new products achieving company set volume and distribution objectives.
- Develop additional strategies to grow Brew Dr. revenue and distribution in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Participate in evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events where necessary.
- Ability to complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports, and other surveys / reports.
- Increase share of visual inventory at store level for BDK by securing additional points distribution, new items and increasing visibility of point of sale.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with store owners, managers, and buyers to grow revenue and gross profit for BDK and ensure sell through of our products.
- Develop business proposals for prospective customers and deliver sales presentations.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise accounts.
- Conduct employee, distributor, wait staff / bartender education seminars.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build awareness of our portfolio and programming.
- Conduct route rides with distributor reps to open new accounts, sell in new items, and ensure point of sale is up in accounts.
- Monthly visits to distributors to ensure sales team is educated and have items necessary for day to day business.
- Ability to call on accounts independently to grow BDK for distributor network ensuring follow up to the Distributor’s Sales Team, BDK Regional Sales Manager and BDK Director of Sales.
For Consumer Accounts and Customers:
- Follow Through is #1. Always deliver what you promise.
- Perform samplings, tastings, and evening promotions as needed.
The Basics for the Position:
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self-starter with the desire to succeed.
- Prior beverage sales experience highly desirable.
- Be able to work independently along with the sales and marketing team to accomplish desired goals and results.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both Microsoft Office and email.
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of BDK products, kombucha, and the general beverage industry.
Candidate should have:
- A valid driver’s license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift and move cases and kegs of kombucha / BDK products frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale.
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability & A Green Workplace
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.