Company Profile: The Townshend Group is made up of Townshend’s Tea Company, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Townshend’s Distillery. Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha, in its 8th year of business, and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. The Distillery makes unique and tasty spirits from the alcohol that is removed from Brew Dr. Kombucha.
Job Title: Packaging Supervisor
Purpose: The packaging supervisor directs and manages a packaging and bottling line, with overall responsibilities for packaging, bottling, and other packaging-related activities.
Reports to: Packaging Manager
- Direct and manage daily operations for packaging and bottling.
- Coordinate plant activities with the packaging line leads and other supervisors to ensure that total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish and monitor overall bottling line performance for safety, quality, and production.
- Work with the maintenance team to maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to, plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to production leads.
Candidate should have:
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to motivate and lead teams
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Software
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of packaging and bottling experience in a manufacturing & production environment.
- Familiarity with safety policies and requirements for running a bottling and packaging team
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
PROUD TO BE B CORP
Brew Dr. Kombucha is proud to be the first national kombucha company to become a Certified B Corporation. As a B Corp, we are verified to meet the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility, accountability, and transparency for our workers, suppliers, consumers and the community. We’re using business as a force for good to help preserve the world we love through implementing a closed-loop brewing practice, sourcing 100% renewable energy, and donating to ecologically-minded non-profits
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.