Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 10th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Purpose: The Marketing Director for Brew Dr. Kombucha is expected to be a leader in building a brand. Their job is to excite the consumer, innovate across platforms and products, and strengthen brand loyalty. This job directly manages a team of 4.
- Lead and execute the development and deployment of brand strategy across product marketing, retail marketing, digital marketing, and brand management
- Set clear and tangible goals (KPIs) to measure the success of marketing initiatives
- Lead agencies on strategy and creati33 ve development for fully-integrated marketing communications
- Includes developing experiential marketing/PR/digital marketing plans to deliver
- Drive consumer traffic, collection, and engagement to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Effectively communicate and motivate the Sales team by delivering clear brand strategies and corresponding tools within budget
- Partner with Sales to develop channel strategies and drive growth business at key customers, including implications for pricing and sizing, evaluate channel specific needs, identify business opportunities, and track new item distribution and performance
- Along with the Directors of Field Marketing, define experiential and consumer sampling strategies with the goal of driving trial, and building brand love
- Lead and execute PR and media outreach efforts, in conjunction with external resources, to drive earned media
- Cultivate relationships with key influencers and organizations to develop brand evangelists and form partnerships and collaborations
- Lead planning and execution of media strategy across all platforms (paid, owned, earned)
- Ensure brand messaging and customer experience is consistent across all customer touch points
- Provide hands-on direction and leadership to develop an engaged team
- Continuously analyzing the competitive environment and consumer trends to ensure the company’s marketing strategy is competing effectively, always advocating for and pursuing new ideas
Candidate should have:
- At least 7 years of relevant brand experience (CPG experience and knowledge preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Beverage industry experience preferred
- Strategic leader who can also powerfully execute (not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty) in a timely manner. Self-sufficient and extremely hard working.
- Creative thinker who can champion the brand and bring it to life
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative (thinking marketing, sales, operations, finance, etc.) and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively present with confidence
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and financial/business understanding with a track record of superior financial performance.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing brand plans.
- Experience working with and managing outside agencies (POS, advertising…)
- Ability and willingness to travel 35-40% of the time, including some weekends
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
PROUD TO BE B CORP
Brew Dr. Kombucha is proud to be the first national kombucha company to become a Certified B Corporation. As a B Corp, we are verified to meet the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility, accountability, and transparency. We’re using business as a force for good to help preserve the world we love through implementing a closed-loop brewing practice, sourcing 100% renewable energy, and donating to ecologically-minded non-profits.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.