Purpose: The Brewer’s Assistant position is meant to increase efficiency of all brewing operations. They will work closely with the Production Brewers and Brew Master to help facilitate daily brewing tasks and keep the Brew House clean and organized.
Reports to: Brew Master
- Mixing Tea and Herbs based on Brew Dr. Formulations.
- Cleaning out Brewing Tanks and Fermentation tanks.
- Moving pallets of ingredients and other supplies with a Pallet Jack or Forklift
- Lifting and pouring sugar.
- Connecting valves and hoses.
- General cleaning, organizing and taking out garbage.
- Filling out appropriate forms and records.
- Following all food safety directives.
Candidate should have:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Willingness to work as a team or in an individual setting.
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Willingness to have a flexible work schedule.
- Good work ethic and problem solving skills.
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Townshend’s Distillery, the Townshend’s Family is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.