Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Brand Specialist: Brew Dr. Kombucha, Townshend’s Tea Company & Townshend’s Distillery
Purpose: Execute marketing initiatives and provide daily support to the marketing management team
Reports to: VP of Marketing & Senior Brand Manager
- Under the direction of the Senior Brand Manager, participate in all phases of the production of marketing materials, with a focus on branding trimester plans, special projects, partnerships and events
- Works across all Townshend’s brands including Townshend’s Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha and Townshend’s Distillery
- Responsible for the delivery and coordination of marketing collateral to distillery sales team and teahouse managers
- Assists the Sr. Brand Manager to execute the ‘Go To Market’ Plan
- Helps Townshend’s Tea VP. in sourcing, pricing and ordering merchandise
- Information source to Brew Dr. on Townshend’s Tea Company and Distillery initiatives
- Updates distillery website and assists in other digital and social marketing planning and execution
- Liaises with external vendors regarding budget and timeline for marketing materials
- Perform ad hoc projects or tasks as directed by the Sr. Brand Manager, VP of Marketing, EVP Bus Dev or CEO.
The Basics for the Position:
- Results driven
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to manage and delegate complex projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Excellent decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Extraordinary customer interaction, organizational and time management skills
- A sense of humor and love of tea-based beverages
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications preferred
- 2+ years marketing/branding experience at an agency or consumer brand preferred
- Strong computer skills – MS Office required (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Adobe Suite experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to make occasional deliveries and meet with vendors
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Townshend’s Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.