Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: PM Bottling Line Operator – Tualatin
Purpose: As a part of the bottling team at Brew Dr. Kombucha you will be working with other members of the team to operate the bottling line. Teamwork is essential to the overall success of the day, Together Everyone Achieves More.
Reports to: Bottling Supervisor, Plant Manager
- Load empty bottles on to the bottling line safely
- Move pallets from one place to another safely
- Safely operate forklifts and electric pallet jacks
- Operate various pieces of equipment on the bottling line
- Quality Control – Constantly check for accuracy; bottled on dates, expiration dates, lot numbers, label height, etc.
- Change bottle labels, ensuring accurate height, and alignment.
- Lift heavy boxes of labels, bottle caps, etc.
- Assist the team, and Team Leaders with various tasks throughout the day. Including but not limited to; routine cleaning, organizing, sanitation, etc.
The Basics for the Position:
- Available to work between the hours of am 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, 3-4 hrs continuously
- Frequently lift up 50 lb boxes, using proper lifting techniques.
- Always be aware of your surroundings (Forklifts, and pallet jacks constantly moving around the warehouse)
- Jewelry such as earrings, necklaces, and any visible piercings will not be allowed while working in a production area.
- Follow uniform/clothing guidelines, wear hairnets & eye protection as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Follow GMP
Candidate should have:
- Positive attitude, and a team mentality
- Ability to absorb and interpret explicit production directives throughout the day
- Good communicator
- A desire to learn, and have fun
- A general understanding of the process we use to make our Kombucha
- High school diploma
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY & A GREEN WORKPLACE
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.