Company Profile: Brew Dr. Kombucha is a Portland, Oregon-based manufacturer of 100% raw, certified organic kombucha. It is an offshoot of Townshend’s Tea Company, founded in 2006. Both brands are run by the same CEO and are co-marketed. Brew Dr. is in its 8th year of business and is one of the nation’s leading kombucha brands in both the natural and conventional channels.
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Purpose: The HR Director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. They will provide HR expertise and leadership for the organization and individual managers. The ideal candidate will maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
Reports to: CEO
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Develop a formal performance management system including maintaining records concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, and performance appraisal.
- Support HR by representing company wide people and culture philosophies and priorities such as B Corp certification.
- Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization.
- Maximize the employee experience and facilitate organizations enhancement plans.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring of HR staff by developing innovative human resource development/training strategies.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for employee relations, such as a harassment-free environment, sexual harassment prevention, employee complaints resolution, and employee engagement.
- Budget and financial management of the Human Resources Department.
- Communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Oversee recruiting efforts and strategies in alignment with organizational strategic plans.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Manages annual benefit contract negotiations and renewals.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities i.e. B Corp Certification.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients and coworkers, and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Negotiation skills
- Strong judgment and decision making
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and employees
- Ability to work 40 hours/week, including evenings when required
- Ability to manage highly confidential / proprietary information
- Strong experience in ADP preferred
Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and four to ten years’ related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certificate preferred
Through the combined effort of our Teahouses, Brew Dr. Kombucha, and Thomas & Sons Distillery, Townshend’s Tea Company is dedicated to crafting unique and always-delicious tea beverages. Our commitment to authenticity and integrity is mirrored in the care we have for our people, our community and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability & A Green Workplace
Working hard to use our planet’s resources more wisely and take better care of people is very important to us. It is the responsibility of the person in this role to work with colleagues and supervisors to execute on the activities of the department that contribute to fulfilling our commitment to environmental sustainability.